- We have an opening for a full-timeADMIN, BOOKKEEPERposition.
- Location: 1825 SW BroadwayPortland, OR.Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday- Friday.
- Requirement:MicroSoft Suite and accounting knowledge.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer? Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at (link removed) and ask them to provide your name in the If referred by current employee section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Under the guidance of the Accounting Manager, performs duties associated with accounts payable and/or account receivables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Accounts Payable function (e.g. check runs, review entries).
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Responds to vendor inquiries.
- Maintains reports, spreadsheets and accounting files.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Makes adjustments to accounts as necessary.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Completes bank reconciliation.
- Follows up on aging accounts.
- Prepares and maintains financial and business transactions.
- Assists with reporting to support month-end accounting close entries; prepares various account reconciliations.
- Develops and runs queries using Access and Excel.
- Prepares other accounting-related reports and accounting duties as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 22899132 portland