Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 3:03 PM
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company : we're a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world's most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated 8+ billion in sales in 2016 : securing the 1 market position in North America and the 2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people : people like you : and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you're looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you've come to the right place.
Function as the Project Manager of ChemCare field project activities. Coordinates with the ChemCare Account Managers to develop, implement and monitor project work throughout the district. May provide support throughout the region. Responsible for understanding the regulatory complexities and process technologies that enable ChemCare services to add value to our customers and partner TSDFS.
Supervise personnel and operations related activities of branches with Field Service Operations personnel. Responsible for regulatory, health and safety compliance of the Field Crew when working at the Univar facility or on site at a customer location.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Focus on development and execution of new and existing field projects.
* Will be responsible for preparation of cost estimates, critical:path schedules, project scope, and performance reports.
* Provide support to the branches with respect to the hazardous waste industry, regulatory issues, competition, technical issues, partner capabilities, marketing strategies, cost, pricing, etc.
* Work with and provide resource support to our Account Managers through joint calls and in the development of their individual territory sales strategy.
* Review account rosters and target specific project work.
* Work with Sales Managers in establishing goals and forecast.
* Responsible for the daily safe, efficient, legal and economical operation of all Field Service department activities.
* Oversee compliance with corporate policy on health and safety, environmental affairs and operations standards at the branch level to include all training, documentation and records.
* Implement and manage branch health and safety program and conduct safety audits in conjunction with Operations Manager or Regulatory Manager.
* Responsible for maintenance, upkeep and housekeeping of ChemCare equipment and fleet.
* Maintain close security and control over physical operations equipment.
* Responsible for meeting customer requirements in a cost effective manner using appropriate risk management in fulfilling ChemCare Field Service functions.
* Work closely with ChemCare National Field Services Manager to oversee salary plan, personnel development, hiring, promoting and termination of ChemCare Field Service department.
* Work with corporate to manage drug testing and Medical surveillance program including HASAP program.
* Must be capable of executing the field work, and working with multi:disciplinary and subcontractor personnel at customer sites.
* Assist in ChemCare marketing strategies and pricing policies related to project work.
* Develop and maintain field service partner relationships. Work with partners on pricing, logistics and service.
* Travel and/or long:term field assignments may be required.
* Responsible for accurate reporting of utilization of ChemCare supplies and labor hours for accurate customer billing
* Assist with planning, verification and preparation of paperwork associated with Field Service functions to ensure compliance
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 26501837 portland