Provides advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conducts special studies and analyses, develops alternatives, presents recommendations to management and influences management decisions. Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Coordinate Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts for multiple and diverse business functions.
- Guide and advise business process owners and control owners in the creation and maintenance of required flowcharts, narratives, control self-assessments and other documentation required to assure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors, and develop remediation and follow-up action plans.
- Conduct process assessments evaluate controls, establish improvements, test current processes, and perform special projects.
- Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and metrics.
- Compile data, analyze, review and interpret financial results; including balance sheets, statements of operations and statements of cash flows.
- Compile, analyze and interpret data inpreparation and/or review of PacifiCorps periodic reports filed with the SEC, FERC and state regulatory commissions, including affiliate interest reporting
- Prepare and/or review financial statements and supporting information for PacifiCorps retirement, other postretirement medical and 401(k) plans, including interfacing with internal groups (human resources, treasury, etc) and outside parties (plan trustees, record keepers, actuaries, auditors)
- Perform analytical and reporting tasks: gather information from other departments, interface with various levels of management and prepare and/or review of supporting work papers in a manner conducive to achieving compliance with our internal controls and procedures.
- Perform ad hoc reporting, including drafting of responses to data requests from state regulatory commissions, external auditors, other regulatory bodies and other internal requests.
- Consult, resolve and/or recommend alternatives to internal/external customer issues which may be critical, complex, sensitive, or urgent in nature.
- Manage multiple projects and conflicting deadlines to ensure adherence to project timelines and critical review dates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in accounting or a related field.
- A strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- A strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and internal control criteria established by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
- Experience in financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Program design skills including development of interventions, processes, or new or modified programs to meet customer needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence, and understand social behavior and interactions.
- Ability to work with all organizational levels, and to influence actions and negotiate outcomes.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively through oral and written means.
- Project management and leadership skills, including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers to gather, analyze, and summarize data.
- Knowledge of research, analysis, and consulting techniques, procedures, practices, and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Advanced degree and/or CPA designation.
- General understanding of FERC Code of Regulations.
- Experience in SAP Financial Systems modules.
- General understanding of utility economics and accounting, as well as utility commission rules and regulations.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 22750812 portland