Provides advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conducts special studies and analyses, develops alternatives, presents recommendations to management and influences management decisions. Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Evaluate operational/financial risks and the effectiveness of IT functions, systems and applications in relation to each audit project.
- Assess information systems and business risk, analyze IT infrastructure and controls, review system implementations and controls, research best practices and critically evaluate business processes.
- Develop audit test plans through risk assessment activities that effectively allow conclusion on the effectiveness of controls in meeting management objectives.
- Identify appropriate evaluation techniques (e.g. statistical sampling) to effectively and efficiently analyze and test process and control effectiveness, and information accuracy.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging issues impacting information technology, the energy industry, audit and the company.
- Complete audit projects in accordance with audit standards, within time budgets and at a high degree of quality.
- Document the results of audit testing in support of audit conclusions and in accordance with documentation standards.
- Effectively communicate and report audit status, results, recommendations for correction of issues and work with management to develop management action plans.
- Collaborate with all levels of personnel from operational staff in the field to the executive management team as applicable for each audit project.
- Act as a subject matter expert in relation to information systems controls and provide guidance to the audit team in relation to audits and processes that include information systems and applications.
- Assist with the preparation of materials presented to MEHC on behalf of the internal audit function.
- Bachelors degree in information systems, accounting, business, finance or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in information systems auditing and risk management.
- Knowledge of the COBIT framework and its application to information systems design and control.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and the PCAOB auditing standards.
- Ability to identify and assess risk impacts and evaluate control effectiveness.
- Proficiency in establishing and applying effective audit principles, theories and methodologies to information systems, financial, operational, governance and compliance auditing projects.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding issues which may be sensitive or complex in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels and diversity of an organization; ability to work as a member of a team.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications to gather, analyze, model and communicate information.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, practices and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Advanced Degree.
- Certified Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and /or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Primary Location: Portland
Department: 00001027 Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: 81,500-105,200
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 25846087 portland