Provides advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conducts special studies and analyses, develops alternatives, presents recommendations to management and influences management decisions. Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Using risk assessment activities, develop audit test plans to ensure audit projects are appropriately designed to identify operational, financial and compliance risks as well as the related internal controls addressing the identified risks.
- Identify appropriate evaluation techniques (e.g. automated testing, statistical sampling, etc.) to effectively and efficiently analyze and test process and control effectiveness and information accuracy.
- Identify appropriate evaluation techniques for assessing the effectiveness of system configurations, data integrity, user access, change management, system implementations and security.
- Assess information systems and business risk, analyze IT infrastructure and controls, review system implementations and controls, research best practices and critically evaluate business processes.
- Collaborate with all levels of personnel from operational staff in the field to the executive management team as applicable for each audit project.
- Prepares work papers, reports, and memos documenting and summarizing the audit results, recommendations in an accurate, logical, concise, and independent manner in compliance with the internal audit department standards.
- Provides recommendations to management for strengthening operational, financial and compliance internal controls as well as improving processes to meet the companys business objectives.
- Complete audit projects in accordance with the internal audit department standards ensuring compliance applicable professional standards:
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations' (COSO)
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT)
- International Organization for Standardization- Information technology - security techniques - information security management systems requirements (ISO-27001).
- Effectively communicate and report audit status, results; and working with management develop management actions plans to remediate audit issues and process improvement enhancements.
- Performs follow-up on the status of audit findings requiring remediation.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging issues impacting information technology, the energy industry, internal audit and the company.
- Act as a subject matter expert in relation to information systems controls and provide guidance to the audit team in relation to audits and processes enabled by information systems and applications.
- Assist with the preparation of materials presented to Berkshire Hathaway Energy on behalf of the internal audit function.
- As necessary, provides direction to and trains less experienced auditors.
- Bachelors degree in management information systems, computer science, accounting, business, finance or a related field from an accredited school; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in information technology auditing and risk management.
- Must have professional certification in information technology, accounting, audit, fraud examination or other related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in establishing and applying effective audit principles, theories and methodologies to information systems, financial, operational, governance and compliance auditing projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the COBIT framework and its application to information systems design and control.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and the PCAOB auditing standards.
- Ability to identify and assess risk impacts and evaluate control effectiveness.
- Proficiency with interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and applying effective audit interviews and audit reports.
- Ability to work with all levels and diversity of an organization as well as ability to work as a team member.
- Proficient with personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications to gather, analyze, model and communicate information.
- Familiar with UNIX, Linux, Windows Server, Active Directory, Oracle, and MS SQL
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, practices and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Valid Drivers license is required.
- Travel may be required.
- Advanced Degree.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and /or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Primary Location: Portland
Department: 00001027 Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: 81,500-105,200
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 26497747 portland