Supervisor Patient Financial Services : Collections and Customer Service - (vancouver, washington)
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:59 AM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Supervisor Patient Financial Services : Collections and Customer Service for a
1.0 full time equivalent
Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
Responsible for the selection, training, performance and schedules of assigned staff. Monitors overall services, develops quality and performance indicators, gathers data for analysis and ensures continuous improvement to optimize patient care and stewardship of resources, including patient access, insurance verification, billing and collections, cash receipts, scheduling and customer service.
1. Links mission into day:to:day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance.
2. Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
3. Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
4. Responsible for hiring, training, performance evaluations, schedules, act upon leave requests, time cards and participation in corrective actions of assigned staff.
5. Oversees training, focusing on continuous improvement to optimize days in accounts receivable and cost to collect. Works with leadership to develop training and monitoring programs. Monitors productivity of assigned staff.
6. Works with leadership to evaluate workflow, resources, equipment and expenditures, make recommendations for enhancements, purchases, streamlining processes and procedures.
7. Performs work in accordance with regulatory requirements, policies/procedures and departmental standards in regards to HIPAA and other government requirements. Oversees staff to ensure their work is in compliance as well.
8. Works with leadership in the development of policies, procedures, budget, and enhancements to daily operations of department.
9. May perform the work of assigned staff.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
:High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred.
:Minimum two years in healthcare billing required.
:Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
:Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
:Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
:Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
:Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
:Coaching and mentoring skills.
:Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
:Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
:Excellent analytical skills.
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, colla
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 25367847 portland