Responsible for verifying and keeping records on incoming shipments and route to processing areas.
The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive merchandise and routes to processing areas.
- Match merchandise to purchase orders.
- Examine incoming shipments; rejects damaged items; records shortages; corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Input freight bill into computer.
- Operate lift truck.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work overtime on a regular basis.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Familiarity with distribution center terms and processes.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery, and/or special tools: fork lift, pallet jack (Company will train).
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or general education degree (GED) plus six months distribution center experience and six months order filler experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
States: Kentucky; Tennessee
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of Americas most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN||Portland|| 120 Kirby Street ||37148 || Peytons||None||Logistics/Supply Chain ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 25507722 portland