Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 8:47 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Inventory Control Clerk (Per Diem) for a per diem,
Variable shift position.
This position is responsible for maintaining control of all supply and equipment inventory for the department.
1. Maintain and monitor inventory control system of supplies and/or equipment. This includes receiving, shelving, restocking and monitoring to assure no outdates.
2. Determine appropriate inventory levels based on policies and procedures.
3. Requisition, receive and replenish supplies/equipment when stock reaches designated order point or based on anticipated volumes.
4. Perform inventory control and asset management. May perform and document equipment checks as well as submitting work orders and follow up on repairs.
5. May also be responsible for the following: collaborating with clinical department are staff and management, as well as Materials Management staff and management to determine need for product or level changes; informing department staff of supply shortages and substitutions and assisting in problem:solving/action plan as needed for same; responding to stat requests as needed; facilitating annual inventory for assigned area.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
:High school diploma or equivalent required.
:Minimum of two years of experience in hospital materials management or inventory control using information technology preferred.
:May require valid driver's license and auto insurance.
:Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
:Good communication skills.
:Excellent organizational skills.
:Ability to prioritize, take responsibility and ownership.
:Requires self:direction and ability to work with minimal supervision.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
:Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66 of the time.
:Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
:Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
:Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34:65 of work time).
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship : the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission:driven work environment To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the
Vancouvercommunity our homepage: peacehealth/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through thisthree:minute video, and visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Southwest Medical Center (150)
Hourly compensation starts at:
13.70, more depending on experience
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 23577447 portland