Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:30 AM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Nurse Practitioner : Pain Management based in the
PeaceHealth is seeking an experiencedNurse Practitioner preferably with previous experience in Pain Management. Position is located at PeaceHealths Specialty Clinic in Salmon Creek on the north side of Vancouver, Washington::just off I:205 in a friendly, wooded community.
Why you'll love the practice:
:PeaceHealth Southwest Pain Management team is a high quality, collaborative, compassionate, patient:centered groupwho are dedicated to PeaceHealths culture and service leadership.
:Join 2 physicians who are Fellowship trained in Pain Management and 2 Nurse Practitioners,10 RNs, 5 MAs and 10 Clerical staff.
:Very warm, friendly and family like atmosphere. Welcoming and inclusive.
:Work with Primary Care for collaborative care.
:On call one week per monthfor established patients of clinic.
PeaceHealth and Southwest Medical Center:
:450:bed regional and community, not:for:profit medical center
:Work in a stable and long:established tri:state hospital system.
Become a member of this physician and provider:centric practice, and never compromise the values that brought you to medicine:
:Well trained and congenial colleagues
:Enthusiastic support staff
:Accomplished, accessible specialty physicians
:Competitive compensation androbust benefits package::relocation, health plans, retirement plans, CME reimbursement, medical malpractice, etc.
What youll love about the community:
:Vancouver, Washington is in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area. Live in either Vancouver or Portland
:Easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural amenities including hiking, biking, skiing, water sports, fishing, fine dining, theatre, symphonyand so much more
:An exceptional school system
:Take advantage of no state income tax in Washington.
Work within scope of practice and in alignment with both hospital staff bylaws and PHMGs physician supervision expectations, responsible for advanced level of nursing evaluation, clinical assessment, prescribing and monitoring medications and follow:up care for patient. Responsible for patient and family teaching.
1. Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
2. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
3. Gives directions to nursing and other staff.
4. Prescribes medications and treatments and ongoing medication management. Orders lab and diagnostic tests when appropriate and interprets test results.
5. Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
6. Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals and consultations according to established standards.
7. Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or "hands:on training" and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
:Must fulfill educational requirements to obtain ARNP license in State of Practice.
:Demonstrated knowledge of and ability age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
:Licensed to practice in the state as a Nurse Practitioner required.
:Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
:ACLS is preferred in some settings.
:Have national prescriptive drug privileges with a DEA number.
:Current Driver's License and insurance required.
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 25667652 portland