Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 1:01 AM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Ophthalmic Assistant : Ophthalmology for a
1.0 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
Responsible for assisting the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist in providing office based patient care as directed. Responsible for performing all clerical and information technology functions for the physician during patient visits in the clinic. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health record and electronic dictation system. Required to anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of clinic. Must be discreet, tactful, and modest in performance of duties so as not to distract medical staff from patient care.
1. Room patients, obtain medical history, and update patient's record.
2. Perform testing as required and/or directed including refraction as necessary.
3. Record data for physician during visit. Accompanies physician/provider during the patient examination in order to transcribe in the medical record (EMR) the nature of the patient visit. This includes accurately and thoroughly documenting medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician.
4. Collect, organize and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality improvement efforts and format for submission. Assist in developing and maintaining systems to track patient follow up and compliance.
5. Perform dictation/faxing/phone calls and other related clerical tasks.
6. Prepare exam rooms. Room stocking, maintaining inventory of supplies.
7. Contact lens dispensing, instill ocular medications.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
:High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
:Completion of an anatomy and/or medical terminology class preferred.
:Minimum of one year experience in an office based ophthalmology practice preferred.
:Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (OCS) through JCAHPO or Scribe Certification through American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS) required at date of hire.
:Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
:Knowledge of medical terminology.
:Recognition of the physical exam process and ability to record exams in detail.
:Computer proficiency including MS Office and the ability to quickly learn new applications.
:Ability to use office equipment and phone systems.
:Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
:Ability to problem solve, organize and set work priorities with minimum supervision.
:Good communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and within different environments.
:Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
:Ability to multi:task.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
:Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65 of the time.
:Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
:Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
:Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34:65 of work time).
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communitie
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 25795737 portland