Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 5:35 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Patient Access Representative (Per Diem) : PFS Admitting for a
full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Variable shift with shift durations of
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre:certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre:visit services.
1. Pre:registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. Upon registration, address co:pay, co:insurance, for scheduled appointment/procedure, etc. May register patients using a mobile cart that is taken into patient rooms or other areas.
2. Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
3. Responds to customer's inquiries.
4. Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
5. Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
6. May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
7. May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
:High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
:One year of medical office or related customer service experience required.
:Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD:10 coding preferred.
:Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
:Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
:Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
:Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
:Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
:Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33 of the time.
:Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
:Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
:Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65 of work time).
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission:driven work environment To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the
Vancouvercommunity our homepage: peacehealth/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through thisthree:minute video, and visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Southwest Medical Center (150)
Business, Administrative and Facilities
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 23578222 portland