Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:49 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Ultrasound Tech Lead AFT Tech PHSW for a
1.0 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
Responsible for coordinating the day:to:day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data. Responsible for initial assessments, summarizing diagnostic data and communicating this information with diagnostic images to the interpreting physician.
1. Assign work; plan and manage priorities, provide technical assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work, monitor team projects, mentor staff, provide constructive feedback, oversee staff training, ensure quality improvement, provide leadership feedback on staff performance, and assist with goal setting for the team.
2. Performs most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
3. Records test results, prepares accurate preliminary reports with information appropriate to their scope of practice and updates patient records for interpreting physician.
4. Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required. May schedule and coordinate tests and prepare and maintain operational logs.
5. Maintains and calibrates equipment and order necessary supplies.
6. Prepares, supplies and equips exam rooms to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
7. Uses independent judgment during exam to differentiate, within the scope of their licensure, between normal and pathological findings.
8. Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
9. Tailors exam to individual patient and utilizes the most appropriate equipment settings to provide most diagnostic information for interpretation.
10.Performs other duties as assigned.
? Graduate of a 2:4 year accredited ultrasound program required.
? Bachelors degree in ultrasound technology preferred.
? Minimum of one year of diagnostic ultrasound experience in a hospital facility required.
? PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
? Previous leadership experience preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Clinical Roles:
? Current license/registration/certification as required by State to practice.
? Registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Must maintain active national registry status through accumulation of required CME on a rolling triennium basis.
? Must obtain ARDMS registration within one year of hire.
? Current Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the state for training modality.
? Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
? Demonstrated knowledge of and ability age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patients needs.
? Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
? Basic computer and keyboarding skills required including MS Office applications.
? Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires active physical exertion up to 33 of the time.
Ability to lift 80 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under no
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 25804972 portland