Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 7:23 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Unit Coordinator : Operating Room (Per Diem) for a per diem,
Variable shift position.
Provides a variety of unit support functions that contribute to the overall efficient operations of the patient care unit. This position is responsible for preparing, compiling and maintaining patient and operational records in the unit. Performs general secretarial and clerical duties. Acts as a liaison between patient, visitors and caregivers to facilitate communication and resolution of concerns.
1. Perform a variety of support work for the unit including but not limited to: coordinating all paperwork and records, pre:admission, receiving admitted patients; initiating patient files; taking action on physician orders; process discharges orders, transfers and expirations; prepare hospital statistical records. May process daily charges and charge corrections. May update staffing and communication board. May assist with care coordination such as chaplain service, scheduling diagnostic orders, creating charts and writing thank you notes.
2. Maintain and order unit supplies and equipment. Re:stock items as needed.
3. Manage multiple phone calls and threads of communication. Answer and/or direct inquiries for caregivers and visitors. May call caregivers in from On:Call.
4. Provide clerical support for transcription and medical records maintenance.
5. May orient patients and visitors to room, unit and hospital environment, assist with comfort items in collaboration with other health team members and escalating identified needs to other team members as needed.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
:Medical terminology and completion of unit secretary/ward clerk course preferred.
:Post:secondary degree in hospitality management is preferred.
:Minimum of six months of clerical and/or secretarial experience preferred.
:Experience in a medical related environment or completed course for unit secretaries strongly preferred.
:Computerized health records software experience preferred.
:Certified Administrative Professional is preferred.
:Excellent organizational and computer skills, including being proficient in keyboarding and comfortable using MS Office applications.
:Skills in problem solving
:Excellent interpersonal skills
:Good communication skills, both verbal and written
:Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and math
:Ability to multi:task and prioritize work in a fast paced environment essential
SOUTHWEST PHYSCIAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
:Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65 of the time.
:Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
:Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
:Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
:Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34:65 of work time).
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 900providers and 10medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefit
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 23577717 portland