Join the Network Platforms Group SW Data Plane SW group!
This group develops software for high speed packet processing, as well as security/cryptographic and compression acceleration solutions for leading edge enterprise and communications platforms that will enable tomorrow's Data Centre infrastructure and accelerate cloud computing adoption from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices.
- Developing networking drivers, libraries, or applications
- Writing code in C
- Developing and executing testing and debugging routine
- Performing performance analysis and optimization, and documenting work and results
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Currently pursuing MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in programming C.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in understanding of IP Routing technologies and networking protocols.
- Experience with device driver and/or kernel programming.
- Experience with Security, Cryptography, and Data compression algorithms
- Ability to debug/analyze bottlenecks in Linux, Windows, or VMware environment and build improvements to increase performance, efficiency, scalability and stability.
- Development experience working in virtualization environments including KVM, Xen and/or VMware ESX.
- Understanding of modern Intel platform architecture and platform advancements in CPU microarchitecture, cache and memory, IO and virtualization, etc.
- Knowledge in networking technologies and protocol stacks Ethernet, TCP/IP, IPSec, routers, switches, virtual switches, network devices like load balancer, NAT, firewall, etc.
- Agile Software development methodology experience
- Open Source Software Development.
- Source control management tools e.g. GIT.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1533583/Network-Software-Engineer-Graduate-Intern/
• Post ID: 27126172 portland