The Next Generation and Standards (NGS) organization in Intel's Communication & Devices Group is looking for MAC and modem protocol stack SW engineers specifically a Senior Software Development Engineer for Scaling, working with 5G operators and other partners. The position involves working in embedded SW development environment with RTOS like Linux/VxWorks/ThreadX running on high performance IA processors. You must possess good understanding of 3GPP specifications and should be able to deep dive to root cause the issues during the interoperability testing.
- Debugging advanced MAC and protocol stack SW of leading edge wireless prototypes for 5G wireless modems
- Working with standards technology development and system engineering teams to translate 5G communication designs and algorithms into functional pre-standards 3GPP, pre-product LTE-A, 5G prototype designs using state of the art platforms
- Debug advanced MAC & protocol stack layers L2, L3 and above in the baseband modem designs
- Working closely with field team to resolve bugs being assigned
- Work closely with field team and development team to root cause, develop solution in some cases work around for tricky end to end IOT issues till final solution is found and merged in to main branch
- Work with Core R&D teams to co-ordinate changes required to be merged in the development branch
Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ years wireless industry experience
- 5+ years' experience working in 3G/4G/LTE technologies and good understanding of 3GPP specs
- Experience with Multithreaded - Multicore programming
- Good understanding of the L2, L3 protocol stack layers in 3GPP LTE covering LTE PS flows, features and procedures
- Good debugging skills
- Experience with software development and configuration management tools i.e. GIT
- Must be willing to travel as required Additional
- Prior experience developing/testing of MAC protocols for 3G/4G standards such as LTE, WiMAX, etc.
- Prior experience in customer enablement or support
- Strong communication skills to work with key stake holders
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1309678/Senior-5G-Wireless-Protocol-Stack-SW-Engineer/
• Post ID: 22007183 portland