Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 10:48 PM
General Purpose 13;
We are seeking customer centric project leaders to help shape our technology initiatives in order to meet our constantly changing customer technology demands. This will be a Customer Service project manager role that directly interfaces with Information Technology personnel and other company departments. The project manager will manage the development and implementation of customer service technology projects by providing strategic direction to a customer service team responsible for project development including design, analysis, feasibility studies, budget, schedule and interface with various Information Technology groups. The project manager will establish project goals, negotiate timelines/schedules, and develops project plans.
* Manage one or more highly complex Customer Service projects.
* Collaborate with Information Technology, Telecom, and other staff to provide input on solutions in the development and execution of the project.
* Ensure that deliverables are completed in accordance to the PacifiCorp Project Governance and Standards.
* Develop and implement projects by providing strategic direction to a team.
* Appoint Work Stream leaders (when necessary) to manage significant subsets of projects.
* Analyze and evaluate skills to define critical tasks.
* Gather business requirements.
* Recommend project plans, timelines, and budgets to management, and monitor progress against plan.
* Evaluate and establish project goals, develop project plans, and negotiate timelines and schedules.
* Communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes. Manage client expectations.
* Develop effective communication plans and implementation plans to ensure that deliverables from significant programs and initiatives are sustainable within the organization.
* Report project status to executive management.
* Oversee the budget development and coordinate budget activities with various groups as needed.
* Participate with Procurement in Vendor/Client negotiations as a driver and facilitator.
* Manage vendor staff performing work on the project as needed.
* Facilitate the integration and change between the business units and technical support staff.
* Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Five years related professional experience.
* Previous experience leading complex project teams or in a leadership role.
* Analytical and evaluation skills to define critical tasks, establish sequence of events, identify individuals/teams, timelines and outcomes and to produce project plans.
* Project management skills to develop and monitor work agreements, determine specifications, schedules, timelines, and define deliverables.
* Interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate team efforts, provide guidance and direction to team members.
* Knowledge of project management techniques, the companys business, applicable policies, procedures, and practices, and federal, state, and local laws.
* Professional Project Management Certification or equivalent experience
* Working knowledge of cost tracking and forecasting tools.
* Utility Industry experience
* Experience working with Customer Services organizations, systems and integration activities with Information Technology groups.
Additional Information 13;
Primary Location: Portland
Department: Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: 81, ,200
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all in
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 27171302 portland