Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 2:19 PM
The Metro Sales Representative works to target potential customers to grow new business, convert the target audience to use James Hardie products, positions the Companys value proposition and whole:product solution to the customer, and become a strong business partner. The Metro Rep reports directly to the Area Sales Manager.
With a strong knowledge of business and market sense, the incumbent successfully manages an assigned sales territory and reports on related marketing activities by conducting competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other sales:related research.
Manage and support the national builders and dealers in the Portland, OR market, build strong long term relationships and provide solutions to the needs of current and future construction designs. Additional responsibilities will be 50 of time spent growing the business converting builders away from competitive products and or up:selling our higher value items up the chain on the exterior of the homes.
Works collaboratively with the appropriate Area Sales Manager (ASM) to target and successfully sell the Companys exterior products to builders within the key target profile, leveraging key channel partners and preferred wholesalers, dealers, and installers.
* Conducting a competitive market analyses, including existing territory, customer types, and existing competitive products, as well as On the Wall Costs (OTWC) for the Companys products and competitors products resulted in the territory plan;
* Developing a target list of potential builders for the sales funnel based on the profile of potential customers as defined in the territory plan and geographic market;
* Building and enhancing strong customer relationships with multiple key decision makers of new and existing customers;
* Proactively using all available sources (Local Home Builder Association, Internet, newspaper, etc.) to develop a Lead bank consisting of all potential customers (builders, architects, and developers);
* Uncovering creative methods to position the Companys products and solutions in front of as many target builders as possibly by developing effective starters that will engage the builders interest;
* Securing three appointments (primary demand calls) per day with target builder decision makers for Needs Assessment (listening and questioning the builder about their needs and presenting a compelling reason to buy) and Conversion Calls (selling to the Companys products versus competitor products);
* Following through will all sales activity to maximize the close ratio (goal of greater than 75 target to conversion ratio);
* Utilizing sales tools (MapPoint to map out all targets and minimize drive time, OTWC Estimator, ADW, builder testimonials, pictures, pre:made presentations, etc.) to maximize efficiency and effectiveness for sales execution;
* Leveraging the dealers in rural areas by conducting builder events to reach the maximum amount of targeted builders;
* Ensuring conversions and sales are 100 compliant with the Companys best practices and standards of quality;
* Cross:sell the Companys interior product, HardieBacker(r), simultaneously with the Companys exterior siding product; and
* Conducting training sessions in conjunction with dealers for all previous converted builders to cross sell accessories and HardieBacker(r).
Manages self and organizational issues by:
* Using the Companys proprietary sales force automation software which includes Outlook, and MapPoint to manage daily sales activity by preplanning meetings a week in advance and keeping customer appointments;
* Updating his/her ASM weekly with Target List (prospect information) and status of movement in the prospecting stages and next action(s);
* Conducting oneself in the highest professional manner through integrity and personal conduct
* Maintain a current target list for builder co
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 23376782 portland