Intel Corporation has several Global Supply Management GSM summer internship opportunities for Graduate Students. As a member of the GSM team, you will be a full business partner, making and influencing business decisions that optimize Intel's Supply Chain. The GSM Intern Program is structured as a 12 week summer 2018 assignment within an Intel GSM business group. Interns will undertake a project designed to utilize existing skills and experience and provide an opportunity for professional growth. Additionally, the GSM Intern Program includes practical training and educational events, networking/social opportunities, and exposure to senior leadership and the GSM community.
Intern projects are unique to the specific business need, but responsibilities and analyses may include:
•Responsible for converting manufacturing and business requirements into actionable strategies and tactics as they relate to inventory health/optimization streamlined / reliable services, logistics and supplier performance.
• Coordinates purchasing activities such as generating / managing/ reconciling forecasts and schedules.
• Monitors the acquisition of materials in support of ramping factories, sustaining, dispositioning materials for end of life factories.
• Executes contractual requirements as well as meets with suppliers to discuss performance, cost opportunities, and future operational strategies.
• Partners with the factories to drive the lowest possible materials and service impact to tool availability.
• Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to support factory SLA's and quality requirements.
• Participates in the development and improvement of systems and tools to drive efficiencies across the organization.
• Works with cross organizational teams to solve problems and drive supply chain solutions.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
•Problem solving skills.
•Ability to work in a dynamic, results and team oriented environment.
•Strong written and verbal communication skills.
•Ability to influence, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
•Ability to understand and streamline business strategies, stake holder and supplier management.
This US based position does not experience a shortage of qualified U.S. Workers. Intel limits its sponsorship of individuals possessing temporary work authorization or requiring a visa to those positions for which we experience a shortage of qualified and available U.S. Workers. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a US Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.
• Must be currently pursuing an MBA program.
• Must have a legal or permanent right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
• Minimum of 3 months experience in SAP* enterprise or similar systems for order management and procurement.
• Minimum of 3 months experience in supply chain management or engineering (either: procurement, supplier selection/management, contract negotiations, logistics/distribution, materials management, factory operations)
• Direct Supply Chain experience, &/or technical degrees and experience are a plus.
• Lean Six Sigma is highly desired.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Arizona, Phoenix;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1525609/2018-Internship-Supply-Line-Management/
• Post ID: 26978307 portland