This is an incredible opportunity to transform engineering computing in two key vertical segments: Energy and Manufacturing.
In this multi-disciplinary role you will lead engineering teams that optimize applications for contemporary and future platforms across ISV, Community and End users.
You will lead your team to reveal unprecedented value from the platform at scale and through deep workload analysis, drive application and product improvement through code modernization, development methods and tools, system software and hardware architecture.
Responsibilities include the development and execution of the WW vertical segment leadership strategy, to develop and inspire application engineers and partner application developers, product and opportunity support and the delivery of optimization collateral/case studies to the ecosystem.
You will be a primary member of the Data Center and Industry Solution teams. Collaborating closely with the architecture, research, libraries, tools, and system software teams at Intel, you will influence the design of next-generation platforms and platform features.
You will guide collaborations with partners, customers, and the open source community, leading the development of marketing collateral to reveal and promote the IA value proposition and coordination among fellow travelers.
Finally, you will lead special projects and/or provide input regarding possible process improvements, organization changes, resource needs, etc.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related/equivalent and 5+ years of relevant work experience; OR 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven track record in Cluster Application performance optimization in at least one but preferably multiple vertical segments domains MFG: Crash, CFD, Finite Element and Energy: Seismic Processing, Reservoir Simulation coupled with leadership in C/C++/Fortran Parallel Computing and Software design/programming techniques, performance analysis, algorithms, linear algebra, numerical methods.
- Demonstrated Team leadership in terms of workflow, 3rd party and open source ecosystem engagement, alignment to strategic objectives and a passion for coaching, mentoring and training for continuous improvement.
- Superior communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management, and task prioritization skills.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a demonstrated ability to guide and influence within a matrix environment.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation, be able to coordinate efforts with other groups, including: customers, field personnel, hardware product support, software development, and 3rd-party product personnel
- The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry best practices and procedures to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1339035/Application-Engineering-Manager/
• Post ID: 22931062 portland