Building materials and landscaping products retail location is looking for a dynamic, professional and energetic manager able to create, cultivate, enhance business relationships. You'll manage sales personnel and staff. You must be:
- an expert in sales strategies;
- be a capable trainer and motivational leader who can drive production;
- encourage a competitive, positive work environment, and drive company growth.
The ideal store manager candidate has 5 to 10 years experience selling and managing sales. You'll need to have experience in the landscape products industry with buyers, such as landscapers, construction contractors, masons and DIY home owners.
- Established local contacts in the landscape, masonry, architectural, and/or construction industries.
- Energetic and outgoing personality.
- High level of organizational skills.
- High energy, positive, and optimistic attitude.
- Able to cultivate, maintain, and enhance relationships with all types of customers for the full range of products and solutions offered by the company, including architects, landscapers, construction contractors, and masonry professionals.
- Capable of creating a competitive and positive working environment that motivates salespeople to accomplish goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business discipline. Experience in excess of 10 years may substitute for the academic requirement. Personality, attitude and energy is more important than experience.
- Pre-employment Drug Screening, Online Sales Skills Test.
- Must be able to do occasional physically demanding labor to cover for other employees, such as helping to load customers, or restacking a pallet.
Plan for 10% travel to visit targeted customers in the area to teach and train sales staff, educate potential customers, and enhance relationships with existing customers.
You'll be an individual contributor to our sales team, and manage our staff and territory sales. Your duties will include:
- Leading company-wide sales meetings in turn with other managers.
- Staff management, recruiting, training and dismissal.
- Business opportunity development, in collaboration with company marketing, business development personnel and initiatives.
- Support the development and preparation of quotes and proposals to contractors/masons/installers and service retail DIY customers.
- Analyze market opportunities, competitive conditions and stone product demand.
- Forecast sales and gross profit by stone type by month on a rolling 12-month basis.
- Attend and periodically present at conferences and expositions to support business development activities.
- Participate in Business Improvement Team Meeting.
Associated topics: assistant manager, associate manager, co manager, general manager, leader, major gifts officer, manage, shift supervisor, supervisor, team lead
• Post ID: 23556707 portland