Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:01 AM
EDT Corp produces specialized bearing products used widely in the food and beverage industry. EDT bearings are designed and manufactured to meet the highest level of food safety and sanitation requirements. In business since 1979, EDT is a well:managed company with stable leadership and national and international sales growth. In 2016, EDT was acquired by The Timken Company, a world leader in engineered bearings and mechanical power transmission products.
EDT Corp is in the Salmon Creek area of Vancouver, WA near the intersection of I:5 and I:205, with easy access and on:site parking. Manufacturing operations are located next to our corporate office, so there is direct communication between sales, engineering and manufacturing.
The Experienced CNC Machinist position is a key member of the Shop team responsible for producing high quality parts. This position is a full time position (a minimum of 35 hours) based in Vancouver WA and will require no travel with a typical swing shift work schedule of 2:30:11:00pm Monday : Friday. EDT provides competitive pay and benefits; the salary for this position is commensurate with experience and transferable skills and abilities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Modify and write programs for CNC mills and lathes.
- Set up and operate mills and lathes.
- Run production, monitoring parts and equipment to ensure accurate high quality parts are made safely and as efficiently as possible.
- Skilled with CMM and other standard measuring instruments
- Skilled with blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of finished parts, GT and D experience a plus
- Complete required paperwork including but not limited to production batches, work orders, time sheets, maintenance log, and transfer sheets.
- Follow safe machine shop practices and directions, asking questions as needed to do the assigned work
- Contribute ideas to improve manufacturing processes
- Inform shop lead of situations that may pose a significant risk to the products, facilities and employee safety or customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years' experience with CNC and manual machine set:up and operation
- Requires a minimum of 3 years experience with MoriSeiki lathe equipment
- Requires good working knowledge of Mazak and MoriSeiki mill; other equipment (e.g. Milltronics) knowledge and experience a plus
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Certifications or advanced study in a machining or manufacturing area preferred
Skills and knowledge
- Ability to read and speak English to communicate and understand work orders and co:workers
- Ability to measure English and metric numbers with shop:provided gauges and established procedures
- Ability to review and work from production schematics and engineering drawings
- Math skills, including understanding of fractions, decimals and the metric system
- Good computer skills and familiarity with Window:based programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Flexibility to change tasks when priorities change and multi:task in a fast:paced environment
- Team player with ability to work with others in a professional manner
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and process improvement mind:set
- Must be a self:starter, have good problem solving ability and able to work with minimal supervision
- A fast learner committed to learning and performing this position for the short and long term
- Ability to work within manufacturing, quality and safety guidelines
• Location: Portland, Vancouver
• Post ID: 22693468 portland