Macy s Washington Square, Tigard, OR: Sales Manager Cosmetics & Fragrances at Macy s, Inc - Macys
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 6:39 AM
Be on the front lines of making the magic of Macy s as part of our store management team: you ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
As a Sales Manager overseeing cosmetics & fragrances, you will drive sales and selling through focused execution of My Macy s, Omni-channel, and Magic Selling initiatives. Through training, coaching, and development, a team of Counter Managers, Beauty Advisors and Make-up Artists will grow following your leadership, and enable you to advance your business, leverage product knowledge, and expand the skills of your team. All activities related to elevated merchandise presentation and a clean, neat, organized shopping environment for our customers are under your direction.
- Drive and exceed sales goals through effective selling floor leadership, coaching, and recognition
- Exceed the Customer expectation, making Macy s the premiere global destination for beauty and fragrance
- Drive Magic selling, coach Cosmetics associates to consistently deliver effective selling behaviors and grow sales and loyalty through My Client
- Observe Cosmetics associates focusing on Magic Selling behaviors; ensure all employees are providing an outstanding shopping experience to all Customers and provide feedback as necessary
- Utilize Associate metrics to provide recognition and offer coaching; develop and communicate strategies to improve sales results
- Collaborate with your Store team to lead selling initiatives both at your counter and throughout the store as needed
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentations; flawlessly execute all Company events and vendor specific promotions through attainment of pre-sell and/or appointment goals. Communicate advertising and sales information to the team.
- Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among staff; leverage scheduling system
- Motivate Beauty Advisors to solicit the goal of Macy s Star Rewards program by reinforcing the benefits of new accounts
- Execute quarterly merchandise directives and new receipts, and identify best sellers and key items; communicate specific stock concerns to optimize the My Macy s process
- Deliver impeccable cleanliness standards
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented
- Recruit a qualified team of selling-focused Cosmetics associates; build a bench for future advancements & promotions
- Ensure all Cosmetics training is conducted on a timely basis, ensure assigned mentors engage with new hires
- Coach associates on product knowledge through product training with Vendor Representatives
- Meet with Cosmetics associates in department regularly; identify top sellers and talk about opportunities
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of associates and establish career progression plans for key players and positions to result in retention of best people and turnover reduction
- Utilize review process as a tool for talent development, promotion and advancement, monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: Bachelor s Degree preferred. A minimum of 2-5 years in a leadership/supervisory position in a service driven environment, cosmetics experience preferred.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies. Effective prioritizing and time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Other Skills: Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills. Ability to build partnerships and manage teams. Demonstrated ability to empower and develop a team. Ability to execute plans and strategies. Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities. Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the store needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, leader, manager, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales management, sales manager, supervisor
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 26922812 portland