If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Proposal Strategy Manager role is a senior level position focused on improving The Standard s responses to key national account proposals. The position will coordinate response to strategic and national account proposals where there is a significant amount of uncertainty with regards to the associated processes, staffing and technology needs of the group. The position will research, develop and drive customized proposal strategies RFPs for these large, complex and strategic opportunities. Through leveraging internal teams and developing creative and persuasive proposals, this individual will articulate and demonstrate The Standard s product and service differentiators to attract and retain large National Account customers. Role will assess capabilities, services and product features being requested in RFP s and identify key gaps in The Standard s offerings. Role will advocate for building business and technological capabilities to attract the right target customers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities: Ensuring that the proposal response presents a consistent, cohesive solution that meets the customer s specific needs and circumstances.
- Early identification of non-standard processes and technology requirements.
- Early identification of additional staffing needed to support customer needs.
- Early notification of abnormal staffing, process or technology needs, along with recommendation on whether to further pursue or decline a proposal.
- Presenting recommendations to senior management, including EB Exec.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to gather estimates and ensure legal, technological and operational feasibility of customer solutions are fully understood, achievable and incorporated into pricing.
- Ensure insightful follow up questions are asked that may help uncover any undisclosed operational or technological expectations.
- Developing a holistic view of the services and capabilities being asked for by key brokers. Working with NAPL s and other national account leaders to develop a holistic view of expectations of capabilities by each broker and consultant.
- Working with key stakeholders in marketing, product, sales, IT and operations to prioritize new processes, technology capabilities and product features based on observed market demand.
Education: Bachelor s degree in business or related field.
Experience: Five to seven years progressively responsible experience in insurance administration, customer service, project management, including significant experience in a leadership or supervisory role, preferably with large cases, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Professional certification required: CEBS preferred.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-###-####. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.
Associated topics: captain, editor in chief, executive producer, executive team leader, fire marshal, general manager, gerente, lieutenant, petty officer, senior manager
• Post ID: 22615133 portland