What you’ll be doing...
- Manage a team of performance engineers who own LTE Market reliability and capacity KPIs for your area, as well as venue and competitive performance. Identify areas of opportunity for performance improvement and collaborating with real estate, network assurance, and implementation engineers to create and implement performance improvement plans.
- Relentless focus on solving capacity issues, making the network more efficient, and reducing failed VOLTE calls.
- Focus on people and network performance. Get the best out of a team of diverse engineers spread across a large geography.
- Tests and Trials - Oversee trials within the area aimed at improving capacity and/or performance.
- Best Practices - Facilitate the sharing and adopting of best practices across boundaries
- Automation/Standardization -Embrace and help foster creation of tools to automate and standardize KPI data.
- Partner with other Territory teams to share best practices and tools and avoid duplicating efforts.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in System Performance.
- Technical knowledge of the wireless network.
- Experience with analyzing Rootmetrics and Nielsen data.
- Experience in performance optimization for LTE wireless network architectures, KPIs, and parameters.
- Willingness to travel - Overnight travel may be required (<=25%).
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Master degree a plus.
- Three or more years of experience in System Performance, preferably with Ericsson eNBs.
- Experience with analyzing Rootmetrics and Nielsen data, relating to network measurements, and working to improve our competitive position within markets.
- Deep understanding of SIP.
- Solid understanding of stadium and in-building design considerations and performance challenges, and related optimization techniques.
- Expert level understanding of LTE, EVDO, CDMA2000-1X RAN network.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills, including public speaking.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience and deep understanding redesigning and optimizing mature network areas to minimize capacity constraints and improve overall reliability and performance.
- Experience in RF Design is a plus.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Windcatcher, Real Time Tool, Chicago Web Page, Zite/SSAT, Alerts, Neighbor List Tool, Autotest, Agilent Tool, Dashboard, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, MapInfo, GeoPlan, Irisview, and Atoll.
- Commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions.
- Project management experience with attention to detail.
- Highly Motivated//Self Starter.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7443477-manager-systems-performance
• Post ID: 22131043 portland