Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:06 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Lab Assistant : Microbiology PHSW (Per Diem) for a per diem,
Variable shift position.
Works collaboratively with all healthcare team members toward the best outcomes for the patient and the organization. May perform phlebotomy services, specimen collection/handling, utilize knowledge of department procedures and computerized Lab Information Systems (LIS), and support patients with information and direction utilizing laboratory services. Assists lab staff with delivering patient care, distributing lab results and reports, and operation of laboratory equipment.
1. Prepares, delivers, and picks up items in accordance with health and safety regulations and laboratory policies to insure specimen integrity, quality patient care, and caregiver safety.
2. Collects and labels specimens for requested testing, processes specimen according to established guidelines and completes documentation for the specimen.
3. Performs data entry of patient demographics and tests ordered. Performs all paperwork, technical, and nontechnical procedures required to process and submit specimens.
4. Receives, handles, sorts, processes, or packages specimens.
5. Receives and makes telephone calls and uses computer terminal and reference guides to provide information and answer questions from clients and patients, regarding specimen requirements, test results and other client requests.
6. Performs waived testing as assigned. Recognizes abnormal results and follows up as defined in standard operating procedures.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
:High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
:Phlebotomy training or experience may be required or preferred for some positions. See region specific notes.
:Prior clinical laboratory experience preferred.
:Valid drivers license for driving positions.
:Able to approach, communicate and positively interact with patients and health care professionals while performing their duties, frequently under stressful conditions.
:Able to work without supervision, but know when to consult with supervisory personnel for assistance in determining appropriate actions.
:Able to use the electronic laboratory information system. Must perform work activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
:Able to recognize the various levels of service (routine to critical) demanded of the laboratory and prioritize work and adjust working style to accommodate said demands.
:Able to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks at one time.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Lab Assistant : Specimen Processor
:Receives, processes, and distributes specimens to technical departments. Prepares specimens and forms for testing at the laboratory and for transport to external reference laboratories.
:Requires the ability to do Alpha/numeric data entry at a rate of 6,200 KPH or greater at RBA Campus.
Washington State License/Certification requirements:
:WA State: Medical Assistant : Phlebotomy Certification is either required at time of hire or the application must be submitted within 14 days of hire with the active credential in place within 120 days of hire.
:HIV/AIDS training within the first 14 days of employment.
Works in a clinical laboratory setting. Continuous (67 : 100 of the time) exposure to moderate noise level. Tasks involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids containing blood, or other types of patient samples and the continuous (67 : 100) use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. The ability to frequently (34:66 ) stand, walk or sit is required. Continuous (67 : 100) handling of small objects up to 10 pounds including lifting and carrying required. Occas
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 26572642 portland