Licensed Practical Nurse
Compass Oncology - the largest network of privately owned cancer care clinics in the Pacific Northwest - is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join the laboratory team at our Vancouver, WA clinic. Compass prides itself for being able to offer as many services in-house to our patients, which includes laboratory sampling and testing. This role will focus primarily on the collection of specimens, particularly venous blood draws and blood draws from ports. If you have a heart for service, and a strong foundation of technical skills, we want to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Vancouver, WA
Under general supervision, provides general nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Promote efficient patient flow, assists with patient care. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general nursing care to patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during examination and procedures.
- Observes, records, and reports patients' condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Administers prescribed medications as directed.
- Screens patients for appropriate information.
- Instructs patients in collection of specimen samples for testing.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Performs EKG and oxymetry readings as required by physician.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as required or directed by physicians.
- Maintains patient files, records and other information.
- Initiate IV fluids and IV therapeutic medications in accordance with LPN/LVN state nurse practice act.
Experience and Education:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited school for practical nursing
- 0-3 years' experience as a practical nurse
- Phlebotomy experience highly preferred
- Experience with port draws highly preferred
- Current LPN license in the state of Washington
- Current BCLS certification within the first 3 months of hire
More About The Company
Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, medical and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 69 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with six clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Associated topics: licensed practical, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lpn, lvn lpn, nurse lpn, nurses, practical nurse, vocational nurse
• Post ID: 23537072 portland