Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:30 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Medical Social Worker (Per Diem) for a per diem,
Variable shift position.
Responsible for the provision of direct social work service in Home Health and/or Hospice utilizing the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning, action/intervention and clinical goal/outcome evaluation.
1. Providing direct casework services to clients related to their medical/psychiatric diagnosis, including biopsychosocial assessment, assisting with long:term planning and decision making, crisis intervention and short:term therapy.
2. Performing holistic evaluation of patient/home, developing an appropriate plan of care, initiating discharge planning, evaluating progress towards goals and monitoring achievement of desired outcomes.
3. Providing skilled social work services to patients and education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
4. Performing holistic assessment and, as clinical indicated, coordinating and modifying the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, case manager, primary physician and other members of the inter/multi:disciplinary healthcare team.
5. Evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic healthcare/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager and primary physician.
6. Coordinating social work services, collaborating and communicating with other members of the inter/multi:disciplinary team to assure an appropriate and smooth flow of care/services for the patient through the care continuum.
7. Evaluating, reviewing, and revising the patient's social work plan of care on a regular basis and, as clinically indicated, taking prompt action in response to changes in the patient's health condition in collaboration with the case manager.
8. As part of on:going discharge planning and care coordination, evaluating interventions and outcomes of social work services by reviewing goals set in plan of care utilizing plan of care and physician's orders.
9. Providing services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population and given area of clinical specialty and skill. May also provide services to pediatric population.
10. Providing services to all patients utilizing appropriate universal infection control precautions and practices (standard and transmission based precautions), including individuals with communicable diseases.
11. For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provide skilled and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
12. Performing quality/outcome oriented home visits and other job duties according to Agency productivity standards.
13. Proactively initiating and participating in patient care inter/multi:disciplinary case conferences and meetings, as well as education and in:service programs.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
:Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work required.
:Minimum of two year experience in a healthcare setting.
:Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare, and social agencies is required.
:Commensurate with educational preparation, demonstrates the ability age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs for nursing care.
:License as required by State to practice as a Social Worker, LCSW preferred.
:A valid applicable state driver's license and auto insurance is required.
:Collaborative/cooperative working and communication skills.
:Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
:Ability to work effectively with a wide range of patients and caregiv
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 26455477 portland