Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:42 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
MT or MLT : Core Testing LCR (Per Diem) for a per diem,
Variable shift position.
MLT : JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for performing a broad range of laboratory procedures and tests and may concentrate performing those duties in one of the following areas; blood banking, chemistry, hematology, immunology and microbiology or drug testing services.
MLT : ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Collects, processes and performs a variety of moderate and high complexity tests on specimens and complete all documentation.
2. Maintains equipment and records, monitors tests and procedures to perform quality assurance activities related to test performance.
3. Participates in the evaluation fo new techniques and procedures which includes evolution of impact to personnel, equipment requirements, space, method of comparison, cost analysis, establishment of reference intervals, standard operating procedures and based on outcomes develops recommendations as well as assists with the implementation of any changes.
4. Gives direction and guidance to other caregivers, trains new caregivers and students. Provides in:services which apply toward the continuing education requirements and in alignment with the continuing education program.
5. Consults with clinicians, supervisor and other caregivers as appropriate on test results, requirements and testing protocols.
6. Maintains appropriate records for specimens, tests and data. Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting analysis.
7. Participates in department in:services and continuing education programs, attending lectures, workshops and video presentation as required. Participates in required competency assessment and proficiency testing activities. Provides active (CAP, HIPPA, etc.) support.
8. May perform CAP (College of American Pathologists) compliance duties to include: periodic record reviews; equipment and test validation; development and maintenance of policy, procedure and guidance documents; proficiency testing and competency management; CAP inspection preparation, assessment and follow up; and technical and procedural advisement and referral.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
MLT : QUALIFICATIONS
:Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technician, Chemistry or Biological Science or equivalent.
:Current with ongoing education requirements for continuous certification.
:2 years' experience performing high complexity testing in a clinical laboratory department preferred.
Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologist (AMT) required within six months of date of hire.
:Ability to recognize and ensure validity of abnormal patient and/or QC results for testing.
:Working knowledge of specimen collection, preparation, and test requirements and factors affecting test interpretation in responding to inquiries
:Good written and verbal communication skills
:Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs
:Mathematical ability to calculate fractions, percentages, ratios, proportion measurements and apply practical algebra
:General understanding of laboratory equipment to calibrate and do minor repairs
MLT : WORKING CONDITIONS
Works in a clinical laboratory or hospital setting. Intermittently (1:5 of the time) works in other office, client and conference facility environments. Continuous (67 : 100) exposure to moderate noise level. The ability to frequently (34:66 ) stand, walk or sit is required. Continuous (67 : 100) handling of small objects up to 10 pounds including lifting and carrying is required. Intermittent (1:5) lifting and carrying of up to 45 pounds is required. Must have good manual dexterity of both hands and employ fi
• Location: longview, Portland
• Post ID: 26506012 portland