Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 7:32 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Physical Therapist : Outpatient Orthopedics for a
0.9 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Variable shift with shift durations of
Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan:of:care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Physical Therapy. Provides oversight to therapy assistants and students in following the plan:of:care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
1. Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, and observation and team members.
2. Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
3. Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
4. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
5. Mentors and provides oversight to new caregivers, physical therapist assistants, and therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
6. Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
7. Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in:services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
:Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate from a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
:Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
:Current Physical Therapist license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board required.
:Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Certified Lymphedema Therapist, CLT preferred
:Excellent verbal and written communication skills
:Strong organizational and analytical skills
:Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
:Ability to assess patients' conditions and exercise independent judgment
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
:Work requires active physical exertion 34 to 65 of the time.
:Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
:Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
:Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34:65 of work time).
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 23577682 portland