Company: Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare
Location: Portland, OR
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
Cascadia is looking for RN's who are can work Part time, full time or on call. We have openings in our Secure residential programs and our Traumatic Brain Injury program. We also have leadership positions available such as Nursing supervisor and Manager positions, so if you have leadership experience in Nursing, we encourage you to consider applying.
RN Responsibilities are as such:
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Provide clinical leadership to other nurses and CNA in order to provide high-quality nursing care in accordance with industry standards and best practices.
- Consult with primary care and psychiatric care providers, interdisciplinary team, other medical providers, as well as guardians or family members to provide pertinent information about changes in client's health status and medical care; act as a liaison with medical staff, pharmacy and laboratory services when appropriate to assure continuity of resident care.
- Formulate or assist in the formulation of Nursing Care Plans for all nursing treatment indications.
- Complete or coordinate medical and symptom assessments as directed by Licensed Medical Professional and in accordance with professional practices.
- Administer medications or delegate and/or supervise the administration of medications and treatments as directed by a Licensed Medical Professional; administer and/or supervise the administration of PRN medications based on LMP direction and proper assessment to determine the need for the PRN.
- Interpret resident's response to medication and take appropriate action in accordance with standards of nursing practice. Consult with the LMP regarding laboratory results and communicate assessment of resident response to treatments and medications.
- Collaborate with RN Manager to maintain and improve systems of nursing administration including quality assurance audits, RN communications, cycle fill, and periodic reports.
- Participate as part of the interdisciplinary treatment team, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting resident care activities. Attend and actively participate in clinical rounds, case conferences, and staff meetings.
- Collaborate with the RN Manager in hiring, training, orienting, and supervising staff RNs.
- Collaborate with RN manager and multidisciplinary team to resolve client barriers to accessing necessary medical equipment or services.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team in completing admission and discharge planning.
- Comply with and implement the regulations, policies, and procedures under which the facility is licensed and operates;
- Administer seclusion and restraint techniques as defined in non-violent physical intervention training, agency Policies and Procedures, as well as applicable Oregon Administrative Rules, providing leadership in crisis situations. Coordinate with LMP and multidisciplinary team around special procedures and medical and behavioral crises.
- Practice and demonstrate competency in preventing escalation and crisis intervention. Proactively address client needs, and respect and honor client rights and responsibilities in the course of treatment.
- Demonstrate application of professional standards in care and communication, including adherence to mandatory abuse reporting laws and HIPAA requirements.
- Document and maintain nursing records associated with assessment, treatment, residents' progress, billing, and medical care planning in a manner that assures compliance with all agency policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
- Educate residents about their medications and medical treatments, implementing self-administration assessment and training as directed by LMP.
- Assist in coordinating adequate inventory of all medications and supplies including scheduled medications, controlled medications, PRN medications, and house stock medications.
- Contact the LMP for clinical decisions and direction and provide leadership for medical and care coordination decisions that are needed throughout a shift.
- Coordinate with oncoming shift regarding resident concerns, building/program needs, and any issues relevant to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- Provide individual and/or group training in wellness and addressing medical needs as indicated by the plan of care and/or nursing treatment plans.
- Delegate and/or supervise delegation of medication administration and other nursing related tasks in accordance with standards of nursing practice.
- Provide input into the establishment of operational procedures, advocating integration of wellness practices.
- May be asked to provide accurate data or information in the context of care decisions or legal proceedings.
- Must stay awake on all shifts.
- Completes annual employee training requirements on a timely basis as indicated in the licensing requirements for the facility as well as agency requirements.
- Must be able to perform CPR and First Aid. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands of this position will require the ability to perform the essential functions without compromising client care. For more inquiries about physical requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cascadia welcomes candidates whose experience and knowledge has equipped them to contribute to our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected status. Cascadia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Cascadia is hiring RNs who meet QMHA or QMHP Designation.
This means that you have a Bachelors in Nursing degree from an accredited college or university or an associates in Nursing in addition to one year of full time work experience in mental health.
An active, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse License and CPR/First Aid Certification.
Must demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA) as outlined in OAR 309-016-0005.
We are looking for RNs with experience in mental health and/or a passion for mental health services
The skills you bring to the organization are:
- Knowledge of medical conditions, medications, and the contexts of care most commonly encountered by people with a severe and persistent mental illness
- Understanding of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivered
- Proficiency in using computers and technology (including EMR software)
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare simple reports
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare is a Recovery-oriented, trauma-informed service provider for persons with serious mental illnesses and addictions. Cascadia seeks to become consumer-involved, consumer-engaged, and consumer-driven. Cascadia furthermore seeks to increase its trauma-sensitive services. The incumbent must embody the principles of Recovery, Consumer-involvement, and Trauma-informed care as demonstrated in prior work experience and day-to-day attitude and behavior.
• Post ID: 23347207 portland