As a researcher in the low-power wireless research lab you will be responsible for long term advancements in wireless transceiver circuit technologies. You will be focused on mixed-signal, analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog circuit research and design including proof of concept testchip results showing the benefit of new advancements. You may be involved with intellectual property development, industry publications and conference presentations, sharing research findings with Intel product teams and industry overall.
The candidate will have experience designing analog to digital converters ADC or A/D or digital to analog converters DAC or D/A. They will need the following skills/requirements:
- Minimum educational requirement of Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Architectural studies in literature with system analysis and simulation to define ADC/DAC architecture and subsystem specs.
- Theoretical knowledge of sampling theory and ADC/DAC non-idealities.
- Experience with one or more ADC/DAC architectures.
- Transistor level circuit design of comparators, DAC arrays, reference generation, clock distribution and all other analog circuitry in ADC/DAC subsystem comprehending element matching and process variation.
- Digital logic design for clocking, combinational, sequential, and state machine circuits.
- Behavioral modeling for mixed signal circuit simulation.
- Ability to specify and oversee mask design layouts.
- Layout parasitic extracted simulation verification.
- Knowledge of ADC/DAC measurement circuits using lab equipment such as logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, etc...
- Write architecture reports, present circuit design reviews, and measurement reports.
Experience with the following is also desired but not required:
- Digital design with SystemVerilog or Verilog including VerilogAMS and VerilogA modeling and development.
- Knowledge of sigma delta modulation concepts.
- Knowledge of one or more wireless communication standards WiFi, Bluetooth, WiGig, LTE, etc...
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
US, California, Santa Clara
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1498694/Mixed-Signal-Circuit-Research-Scientist/
• Post ID: 26473832 portland