Intel leads the semiconductor industry by creating innovative technologies. From strained silicon, to high-k metal gate technology, to the world’s first 3-D Tri-Gate transistor in production on the 22nm process, our Process Engineers have a passion for leading the industry and changing the world.
As an Intel Process Engineer, you’ll join a team helping to develop the most efficient means for semiconductor manufacturing, enabling microprocessors to do more with less – less energy, fewer resources and smaller real estate. Process engineers, along with yield and equipment engineers, take responsibility for monitoring and controlling wafer fabrication and product performance; managing tool productivity, maintenance and yields; conducting data analysis to improve processes; and managing quality measurement for 32nm technology and below. Together with these engineers, you’ll take a demanding set of functions and turn them into the computing technology that transforms how the world works, plays, learns and communicates. If you are looking for a position where you can see the end results of your work making a real impact on the tech world and on real experiences, this is the team for you.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Designing and planning the layout for such processes as laminating, etching, plating, roughening, mechanical drilling, laser drilling, photolithography, and other material processing operations
- Planning the sequence of operations and specifying procedures for preparing basic material
- Exercising judgment in compromising between conflicting requirements, economic evaluation of methods, and operator effectiveness and comfort
- Conducting tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over such variables as temperature, density, specific gravity, pressure, and viscosity
- Establishing and submitting processing requirements to be met in designing and acquiring processing equipment
- Responding to customer/client requests or events as they occur
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment
This position may require the ability to temporarily relocate to another Intel site and/or work a modified shift.
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- strong analytical mind with problem solving skills
- ability to work independently and manage stakeholders
- ability to deal with ambiguity in defining activities and direction
- passion for the job
- high motivation with a strong work ethic
- good planning skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
You must meet the qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work, class course work, research, relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. Upon applying for this opportunity, you will also be considered for other similar opportunities available.
Degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Applied Mechanics, or Physics.
- Data analysis (JMP, SPC, MATLAB, Mathematica)
- Design of experiment (DOE) principles
- Semiconductor processes (Thin Films, Diffusion, Planar, Implant, Litho, Etch, and/or Metrology)
- Understanding the relationship between processing versus microstructure versus mechanical and physical properties of materials (polymers, composites, metals, and ceramics)
- Working with fracture and adhesion mechanisms of materials and material interfaces
- Applying the fundamentals of materials science and engineering
- Managing the metal solidification process and/or phase diagrams, polymerization, deformation of materials, and material development
- Controlling the semiconductor or packaging process and equipment
Intel makes possible the most amazing experiences of the future. You may know us for our processors. But we do so much more. Intel invents at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth. Harnessing the capability of the cloud, the ubiquity of the Internet of Things, the latest advances in memory and programmable solutions, and the promise of always-on 5G connectivity, Intel is disrupting industries and solving global challenges. Leading on policy, diversity, inclusion, education and sustainability, we create value for our stockholders, customers, and society.
US, Arizona, Phoenix; US, California, Folsom; US, Massachusetts, Multiple Cities; US, California, San Diego; US, California, Los Angeles; US, California, San Jose; US, California, Santa Clara; US, Texas, Austin;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1330171/Process-Engineer-Entry-Level/
• Post ID: 23557122 portland