Our Next Generation and Standards (NGS) group within Intel is responsible for researching, developing, prototyping and standardizing compelling Intel advanced technologies for next-generation wireless systems!
The candidate will work in this team as a Wireless Standards Research Intern responsible for technology development and performance evaluation towards the next generation wireless networks.
Detailed responsibilities include:
Contribute to technology innovations and technical solutions on LTE/WLAN evolution and 5GContribute to 3GPP and IEEE standards groups through theoretical analysis and simulation.
You will also exhibit the following behaviors:
• Good written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, proactive, work effectively with internal and external groups.
• Creative problem-solving in 4G and 5G wireless systems.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- In pursuit of a PhD in Communications Engineering (or related discipline).
- Solid understanding on communication theory and digital signal processing.
- Experience in LTE and Wi-Fi PHY/MAC or L3 protocol and implementation.
- Good experience with programming skills in C/C++, Matlab, OPNET or NS-3.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Solid understanding of wireless access network communication principles.
- Strong knowledge on PHY/MAC layer, network layer, cross layers design and inter-dependency strong knowledge on wireless systems including LTE, WiFi and BlueTooth.
- Good knowledge on wireless technologies including OFDM, device-to-device, relay, heterogeneous network, interference management, cooperative network, massive MIMO and mmWave communications.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team to design and develop a complete wireless communications system.
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1505521/Wireless-Standards-Research-Intern/
• Post ID: 26473862 portland