Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 11:01 PM
PeaceHealth is seeking a
Credentialing Specialist : Credential/Verification Office for a
1.0 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
Responsible for coordinating, processing, monitoring and maintaining the initial appointment and reappointment confidential credentialing processes for medical staff and allied health practitioners, ensuring timeliness and compliance with PeaceHealth standards and criteria as well as all legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Perform primary source verification according to established policies. Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the credentialing database system.
1. Initiate, coordinate, process and monitor initial appointment and reappointment credentialing applications in accordance with PeaceHealth policies and timelines as well as legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements; maintain tracking mechanisms.
2. Gather, verify and evaluate healthcare provider credentials for initial and re:credentialing applications; identify potential issues; determine if further investigation or information is necessary and make appropriate inquiries; assess completed applications to ensure PeaceHealth criteria are met and all necessary elements are present and correct. Work with practitioners to ensure smooth and timely credentialing process.
3. Enter and maintain data in the credentialing database according to established data entry rules, policies and procedures.
4. Maintain credentials files and related records according to established policies and procedures.
5. Communicate with PeaceHealth Medical Staff Offices and practitioners regarding credentials files and processes.
6. Maintain general knowledge of PeaceHealth CVO policies and procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by department leadership.
:Associates degree in Health Information or Health Business is preferred.
:Minimum of 2 years of administrative office experience in a healthcare setting is required.
:Previous provider credentialing experience is highly preferred.
:Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) is required within 3 years of date of hire
:Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
:Detail oriented with demonstrated accuracy, organizational and time management skills
:Working knowledge of credentialing database software; Cactus software preferred
:Knowledge of legal, regulatory and accreditation credentialing requirements preferred
:Proficiency in MS Office applications, i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
:Excellent verbal and written communication skills
:Excellent customer service skills
:Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and challenging work environment
:Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship,
• Location: Portland
• Post ID: 26525372 portland